Herbal House Complete
18 January 2018
Herbal House is an exciting development in the heart of London’s creative district in Clerkenwell. An extensive process of refurbishment has turned the ten-storey building into lively and characterful office space and apartments.
Herbal House was originally built in 1928 for the Daily Mirror, later becoming part of the campus of Central St Martins and the London College of Printing.
Two new storeys house extra office space, roof terraces and six duplex apartments with private access via refurbished circulation cores on Herbal Hill and Back Hill, where a loading bay has been converted into a triple-height space.
A new core has been introduced to connect the residential spaces with the offices below, which also allows the floorplate to be splitter multiple occupiers.
Brickwork and stone detailing has been repaired and refurbished, while the original Crittal windows has been replaced with modern equivalents. A new light well draws light through the building down to the lower levels.